(54) FACEPLATE ATTACHMENT SYSTEM
(75) Inventors: Roger T. Johnsen, Salt Lake City, UT (US); Richard C. Hedderich, Sandy, UT (US); Brent D. Madsen, Providence, UT (US); Michael E. Dallon, West Valley City, UT (US)
(73) Assignee: Control4 Corporation, Draper, UT (US)
( * ) Notice: Subject to any disclaimer, the term of this patent is extended or adjusted under 35 U.S.C. 154(b) by 0 days.
(21) Appl. No.: 11/064,801
(22) Filed: Feb. 24, 2005
(65) Prior Publication Data
US 2005/0194176 Al Sep. 8, 2005
Related U.S. Application Data
(60) Provisional application No. 60/547,449, filed on Feb. 25, 2004.
(51) Int. CI.
H02G 3/14 (2006.01)
(52) U.S. CI 174/66; 174/67; 220/241
(58) Field of Classification Search 174/66,
174/67; 220/241,242 See application file for complete search history.
A system is disclosed for mounting a faceplate. The system includes a sub-plate configured to be coupled to a junction box. The sub-plate can have an interference-fit socket extending through the sub-plate. The interference-fit socket includes one or more interference fingers located adjacent to a post opening. A post extending from the faceplate can be positioned and sized such that, as the faceplate is coupled to the sub-plate, the post will be received into the post opening in the interference-fit socket and engaged by the one or more interference fingers, enabling the faceplate to be securely mounted to the sub-plate.
20 Claims, 5 Drawing Sheets