(12) United States Patent ao) Patent No.: Us 7,196,722 B2
White et al. (45) Date of Patent: *Mar. 27,2007
(54) MULTIPLE CAMERA VIDEO SYSTEM WHICH DISPLAYS SELECTED IMAGES
(75) Inventors: Patrick White, Aloha, OR (US); Brian Hunt, Portland, OR (US); G. David Ripley, Portland, OR (US)
(73) Assignee: iMove, Inc., Portland, OR (US)
( * ) Notice: Subject to any disclaimer, the term of this
patent is extended or adjusted under 35
U.S.C. 154(b) by 690 days.
This patent is subject to a terminal dis-
(21) Appl. No.: 09/860,962
(22) Filed: May 18, 2001
(65) Prior Publication Data
US 2003/0197785 Al Oct. 23, 2003
Related U.S. Application Data
(60) Provisional application No. 60/254,453, filed on Dec. 7, 2000, provisional application No. 60/205,942, filed on May 18, 2000.
(51) Int. CI.
H04N 5/232 (2006.01)
H04N 5/225 (2006.01)
(52) U.S. CI 348/211.99; 348/218.1;
(58) Field of Classification Search 348/207.99,
348/207.1, 207.11, 211.99, 211.1, 211.3-211.13, 348/14.01, 14.03, 720, 723, 143, 149, 153, 348/218.1; 725/61,86,87; 709/203,209, 709/217; 345/762,776,716,719 See application file for complete search history.
(56) References Cited
U.S. PATENT DOCUMENTS
Multiple streams of data are streamed to a user's terminal with images from different cameras. Low resolution thumbnail images tell the user what image streams are available. A focus stream provides high resolution images from a selected camera. A user can switch the focus stream to another stream by clicking on the associated thumbnail. The users can also be provided with a thumbnail of panoramic image. Other data streams sent to the user can contain (a) audio data, (b) interactivity markup data which describes regions of the image which provide interactivity opportunities such as hotspots, (c) presentation markup data which defines how data is presented on the user's screen, (d) a telemetry data stream which can be used for various statistical data. One data stream contains a low quality base image for each data stream which can be enhanced to form a high resolution focus image.