All Discussions > Steam Forums > Off Topic > Topic Details
Steam dating experts, what should someone with autism say on their dating profile and messenger?
I've heard that online dating easy for someone with autism to find a date. They would often try online dating sites such as Badoo, OKCupid, Tinder, Bumble, Plenty of Fish, Zoosk, Match, and much more. However, I'm concern on what they should mention on their dating profiles, and what they should say to a girl they like or likes them back on that dating site.

Let's say they taking a dating personality test, and they get these results:

His/Her dating personality profile:

Big-Hearted - You are a kind and caring person. Your warmth is inviting, and your heart is a wellspring of love.

Romantic - You know exactly how to melt your date's heart. Romance comes naturally to you and is an important component of any relationship you have.

Adventurous - Just sitting around the house is not something that appeals to you. You love to be out trying new things and really experiencing life.

His/Her dating match profile:

Religious - You seek someone who is grounded in faith and who possesses religious values. You believe that a religious person can enhance your life.

Big-Hearted - You want someone compassionate, someone gentle and kind. A loving, nurturing person will fill that hole in your life.

Practical - You are drawn to people who are sensible and smart. Flashy, materialistic people turn you off. You appreciate the simpler side of living.

1. What should someone with autism, and with dating personality test results like this, say on their online dating profiles?

2. What should they say to a girl they message on those dating sites?

< >
Showing 1-15 of 28 comments
Kayhan Aug 12, 2018 @ 5:49pm 
I don't trink you would find dating Experts here. Virgins more likely to pass through.
Last edited by Kayhan; Aug 12, 2018 @ 5:50pm
I just wouldn’t fool with dating sites. The odds of you actually meeting someone worthwhile there are extremely low. The few women on those who aren’t like 900lbs, or have some other deal breaking baggage, are either scammers, or they just have an account because they like basking in the attention. I know it sucks, but get out, and meet people. Join a church, club, or some other social forum.
=CrimsoN= Aug 12, 2018 @ 6:01pm 
Originally posted by kyleodonnell97:
I've heard that online dating easy for someone with autism to find a date.

Who the ♥♥♥♥ told you that?

Online dating sucks my man (no matter who you are). Unless you're just looking for a hook-up or a one-night stand, you're wasting your time. For every chick on there, there are at least 20 other guys who are going after her. The ratio of dating sites is something like 1:20 women to men. Sucks for women too, because you basically have to tread (yes tread) through like 100 messages a day from all manner of creeps, virgins and neckbeards. I'll tell you what online dating is. It's suck. Thats what it is. 100% suck.

But if you insist on wasting your time then do this:

Originally posted by Riedy:
Also, the dating profile should be more personal. Talk about your personality, what you like and dislike or just who you are. If they think it's an important part of them they shouldn't be ashamed to post it in their bio, but I don't think it'd be required. Just create a bio that represents yourself.
▲ Ara ▽ Aug 12, 2018 @ 6:09pm 
I honestly wouldn’t even bother with dating sites. Too many liars on the Internet who seem nice at first but then you find out they’re bloody sick in the head.

You want an online relationship to become an offline one? Date a friend. Preferably a long-time one so you already know what they’re usually like.
The Burning One Aug 12, 2018 @ 6:10pm 
Don’t use a website they are lies
DarkCrystalMethod Aug 12, 2018 @ 6:11pm 
If you're on the functional end of the spectrum and don't require drugs to "fix" you then don't even bother mentioning it. (Unless you find a medical/legal reason to of course.) That being said you should eventually mention it before marriage, but by then they'll already know.
Last edited by DarkCrystalMethod; Aug 12, 2018 @ 6:12pm
mim Aug 12, 2018 @ 6:14pm 
Originally posted by 🖤 Nyx 🖤:
I honestly wouldn’t even bother with dating sites. Too many liars on the Internet who seem nice at first but then you find out they’re bloody sick in the head.

You want an online relationship to become an offline one? Date a friend. Preferably a long-time one so you already know what they’re usually like.
I have a friend that i hv crush on but i lost contact with her since i moved here...unlucky
DarkCrystalMethod Aug 12, 2018 @ 6:17pm 
I opened this thread and the "First steam game" topic at the same time. I saw the replies and cheered "YES! THIS IS WHAT WOMEN WANT!" and then realized I was in the wrong thread.
Last edited by DarkCrystalMethod; Aug 12, 2018 @ 6:20pm
dallas Aug 12, 2018 @ 6:49pm 
tinder made it easier to commit crime
mim Aug 12, 2018 @ 6:55pm 
Originally posted by MAXIMUM VELOCITY:
I remember that picture...it's shadow demon in the old DoTA right?
Jennfelde Aug 12, 2018 @ 7:36pm 
Originally posted by MAXIMUM VELOCITY:
Don't you mean arson crimes?
Dominic Aug 12, 2018 @ 7:41pm 
Hard to say normally on those things if you talk to people they do not reply.
kyleodonnell97 Aug 12, 2018 @ 7:42pm 
Originally posted by You See: A Pathetic Loser:
I've heard that online dating easy for someone with autism to find a date.

Who the ♥♥♥♥ told you that?

Online dating sucks my man (no matter who you are). Unless you're just looking for a hook-up or a one-night stand, you're wasting your time. For every chick on there, there are at least 20 other guys who are going after her. The ratio of dating sites is something like 1:20 women to men. Sucks for women too, because you basically have to tread (yes tread) through like 100 messages a day from all manner of creeps, virgins and neckbeards. I'll tell you what online dating is. It's suck. Thats what it is. 100% suck.

But if you insist on wasting your time then do this:

Originally posted by Riedy:
Also, the dating profile should be more personal. Talk about your personality, what you like and dislike or just who you are. If they think it's an important part of them they shouldn't be ashamed to post it in their bio, but I don't think it'd be required. Just create a bio that represents yourself.

This is the website where I've found out some easier way for people with autism on how to find a date

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2013/11/online-dating-on-the-autism-spectrum/281710/

Still, I'm sure there a autistic people out there who are currently dating somebody they've met online.
Jay and Jay Aug 12, 2018 @ 10:06pm 
Honestly you should stay away from dating sites in general

Sure you can get love, but i find that couples from said sites have a harder chance of "survival"
Last edited by Jay and Jay; Aug 12, 2018 @ 10:07pm
▲ Ara ▽ Aug 12, 2018 @ 10:44pm 
Still, I'm sure there a autistic people out there who are currently dating somebody they've met online.
My fiancé is autistic and we’re getting married at the end of the year. We didn’t meet on dating sites though. We met on the Steam forums.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 28 comments
Per page: 1530 50

All Discussions > Steam Forums > Off Topic > Topic Details
Date Posted: Aug 12, 2018 @ 5:46pm