• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happy 20th Anniversary, Sega CD

Always wanted one as a kid, bought it off ebay a few years ago off a local seller.

A week or so after buying it the seller arrived at my address asking if he could buy it back and he made a huge mistake.

I didnt let him buy it back...mine now!

I'd like to get my hands on one of those too... but yeah. They're getting rarer and harder to find with each year. Though I am still quite happy with my Genesis 1 + Sega CD 2 combination. But as far as rarities go, none will ever compare to the JVC Wondermega:

wondermega02.jpg

Good luck finding one of those for cheap.

Downhome

I have such great memories of the Sega CD. I remember the day I got it as clear as day - it rocked my world.

I opened the box, put in Sewer Shark, and was just amazed at that stupid, stupid game.

Go319

this thread just reminded me, is there a way to make the CDX multi region?

from memory mine only plays US/NTSC atm...

I'd like to get my hands on one of those too... but yeah. They're getting rarer and harder to find with each year. Though I am still quite happy with my Genesis 1 + Sega CD 2 combination. But as far as rarities go, none will ever compare to the JVC Wondermega:

wondermega02.jpg

Good luck finding one of those for cheap.

That's the X'eye in the US right? I have one of those, picked it up at a Babbage's for 19.99 with 2 controllers. It only took 1 AC adapter which was quite nice compared to the hell that it could be to find enough outlets for my Genny/CD/32X combo.

That's the X'eye in the US right? I have one of those, picked it up at a Babbage's for 19.99 with 2 controllers. It only took 1 AC adapter which was quite nice compared to the hell that it could be to find enough outlets for my Genny/CD/32X combo.
The original Wondermega is no mere X'eye...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUHpBP-aH4M

Yeah, the second model, released in the US as the X'eye, dropped the amazing motorized lid and the really cool lights, too. It's still nice, but it's nowhere near the amazingly cool machine that the original, Japan-only model is. And that's why they're so pricey.

Where do Genesis carts go?

There is a cart slot in that black strip along the top. It can be a little hard to see but it's there. Looking at it, the WonderMega really was a beast. Looked pretty cool, and it had Svideo which would have been nice. My X'Eye had no such luck.

cj_iwakura

Is it bad that I want to play Night Trap again? I must have played it at least 20 times by now.

Vampires? You gotta be jivin' me.

cd.jpg

Top Bottom